Are you looking to create an online initiative that drives website traffic, offers seamless sponsor integration, and engages fans? Well look no further than the Verizon Washington Capitals Playbook (http://iw.rtm.com/capitalsplaybook/).
I stumbled across this new feature on the Washington Capitals website yesterday and it caught my eye as an innovative way to engage and reward fans. So how does it work?
The Washington Capitals Playbook Pick & Win goes as follows:
- Fans register online (providing pretty detailed information) at a web interface that reads, "Do you have the skill to pick the winning plays? Sign up and be on your way to winning great Capitals prizes!"
- Fans then can choose three (3) of six (6) mock bets (i.e. The Capitals will score more than two goals, There will be more than six goals scored in the game, etc.) for the upcoming game
- Fans receive a scratchcard, which they can scratch off with a virtual penny to see if they win a prize. For every mock bet fans get right, they receive an additional scorecard to try to win prizes. During my first time registering and playing, I received a Washington Capitals phone wallpaper, courtesy of Verizon (the detailed information that you provide to register allows Verizon to email you this wallpaper directly (and also probably have you now in their database)). Each time that you log into the site, you will be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing, for an exclusive chance to meet Capitals plater Olaf Kolzig.
- Then fans can sign up for NHL Wireless Content, provided by Verizon Wireless (as well as sign up for the VCast trial and to learn more about the LG Voyager phone).
- Prizes Include:
- Grand Prize
- Meet and Greet with Olie Kolzig at the Practice Facility on April 2, 2008
- Tour of Practice Facility
- Lunch at The Front Page in Arlington, VA
- Pre-game behind the scenes tour at the Verizon Center
- Two (2) Box Seats to the game
- Instant Win Prizes
- Twenty-five (25) autogaphed jerseys by Olie Kolzig ($100 value)
- Twenty-five Capitals sweatshirts ($60 value)
- One hundred (100) Capitals t-shirts ($20 value)
- 2,500 Capitals ringtones ($1.99 value)
- 2,500 Capitals wallpapers ($1.99 value)