A week ago I mentioned the recent publicity surrounding Webkinz and Build-A-Bear, two (2) companies who have built successful business models around the growing use of technology among America's youth. Yesterday, Build-A-Bear announced its emerging presence in Major League Baseball.
As of Opening Day, Build-A-Bear will feature five (5) in-stadium workshop locations and is slated to offer an exclusive game day giveaway at eight (8) select ballparks during the 2008 season. Consumers can purchase Build-A-Bear stuffed animals for $18-$25 and MLB outfits for an additional $6-$15 in-stadium.
In 2008, Build-A-Bear is featuring Workshops in the following MLB Stadiums:
- Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia, PA)
- Offering fans the chance to make their own Phanatic
- Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati, OH)
- Offering fans the chance to make their own Gapper
- AT&T Park (San Francisco, CA)
- Offering fans the chance to make their own San Francisco Giants mascot
- Busch Stadium (St. Louis, MO)
- Offering fans the chance to make their own Fredbird
- Nationals Park (Washington, DC)
- Offering fans the chance to make their own Screech
Build-A-Bear will provide exclusive game day giveaways at the following ballparks on select days:
- Chicago Cubs (Saturday, May 17th and Friday, July 25th)
- New York Mets (Saturday, July 12th)
- St. Louis Cardinals (Saturday, August 3rd)
- Cincinnati Reds (Saturday, August 10th)
- Kansas City Royals (Sunday, June 1st)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (Saturday, July 27th)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (Sunday, August 3rd)
- Florida Marlins (Sunday, August 31st)
Watch out for Build-A-Bears...This simple product offering could easily evolve into the next Beanie Baby craze!