How do you activate a 10-year title partnership agreement with NASCAR where you spend approximately 100MM annually? Sprint has answered this question by developing the Sprint All-Star Customer Celebration, an innovative rewards program for existing Sprint customers with thousands of NASCAR prizes at stake.
How can consumers win? Sprint customers can become eligible by establishing an account on Sprint.com via MySprint, with prizes being offered on a first come, first serve basis (the promotional offer ends April 30th if all prizes have not been claimed).
Prizes included in the Sprint All-Star Customer Celebration include:
- 10,500 tickets to the NASCAR Sprint Pit Crew Challenge May 15 at Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Whie at the event, Sprint customers will have access to an exclusive Q&A with Sprint Cup drivers
- 1,000 tickets for lunch and a chartered bus ride to behind-the-scenes tours of Hendrick Motorsports, Michael Waltrip Racing, and Joe Gibbs Racing May 16 in Charlotte, NC
- 20,000 tickets to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race May 17 at LMS in Charlotte
- A select number of pit tours prior to the start of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race
- Opportunity for a select number of customers to be stage front for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race pre-race for driver intriductions and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Victory lane
Sounds like a great way to retain customers, doesn't it? Sprint is taking a very interesting approach to activate its national partnership. Sprint is offering thousands of once-in-a-lifetime experiences for the All-Star race, a very interesting approach to activate a national partnership with a regional focus and not account for travel. I would be curious to see what the redemption rate will be on Sprint's offered experiences (accounting for travel, interest in attending the event, etc.).
NASCAR claims a fanbase of 70 million persons (nearly 1 in 3 Americans); a strong incentive should exist for NASCAR fans living in the Southeastern region to register accounts online but it truly is amazing that this promotion is not open to general consumer base.