Sports organizations looking for new ways to honor and reward their fan base should consider modeling the Green Bay Packers' FAN Hall of Fame initiative. In 1998, the Packers became the first professional football team to establish its own FAN Hall of Fame. Since then, the team has honored eleven (11) avid fans with the honorable distinction and has brought five (5) corporate partners on board.
How does the FAN HOF selection process work?
- Fans are invited to nominate themselves (or other fans) by submitting a 500-word essay and either a two (2) minute video or picture explaining why they or another person are the ultimate fan and should be recognized
- The Fan Hall of Fame selection comittee, comprised of Green Bay Packers front office staff, trim the list of candidates down to ten (10) finalists
- The ten (10) finalists are profiled in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as well as Packers.com. Voting ballots are made available within the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel , on Packers.com, and at the corporate locations of the program's sponsors
- The finalist who garners the most votes is inducted into the Packers Fan Hall of Fame
What do the Packers FAN Hall of Fame inductees receive?
- Four (4) club seats to a Packers home game
- Acknowledgement on the Lambeau Field jumbotron
- $500 Pro Shop gift certificate
- A road trip for two (2) to a Green Bay Packers away game (including tickets/accomodations)
- Recognition on Packers.com (profile)
The initiative serves as a great way for the Packers organization to give back to a dedicated fan base that has supported them for so many years. Look for more established sports organizations to implement similar FAN Hall of Fame initiatives in the years to come!