Are you looking to create an enticing promotion targeting female consumers? Are you looking for new ways to stimulate interest in the running space?
Disney recently teamed up with Lady Foot Locker to create a "Run Like a Princess" sweepstakes that is driving some buzz in the running space. During the month of November, consumers have the chance to log on to http://www.LadyFootLocker.com and register to win (up to once per day) an enticing Grand Prize promotional package that includes:
- Round trip airfare for (2) to Orlando, FL
- (3) night hotel accomodations at a Walt Disney World Resort
- $750 in Lady Foot Locker gear
- A $275 spa package to a Walt Disney World Resort spa
- (2) race entries to be used at any (1) of (3) races
- VIP starting line position, post-event party, etc.
The promotion serves as a great way for Disney and Lady Foot Locker to target female consumers and drive incremental awareness for Disney's Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend Presented by Lady Foot Locker, which takes place March 5-7, 2010. To drive interest, the collaborating parties came up with a pretty creative tagline - "You've Always Wanted to Be a Princess. Here's Your Chance to Run Like One" and are also offering (50) First Place $100 Lady Foot Locker Gift Card prizes.
Check out a clip detailing the 2009 Disney's Princess Half Marathon event:
A special thanks to Mike Rodriguez for his insights and contributions to this column.