Are you looking for new ways to leverage a financial partner? Are you looking to create a nationwide promotion that can be scaled down to the regional/local levels?
Barclays created a terrific promotional concept in support of its Title Sponsorship of the English Premier League. To activate its official title status, Barclays created the "Barclays Ticket Office", a promotion which rewards a pair of Barclays Premier League match tickets every 90 minutes, every day, for the duration of the 2008-09 EPL season.
The Barclays Ticket Office payoff equates to 16 pairs per day, 120 per week, 480 per month, and approximately 4,320 pairs distributed through the duration of the nine (9) month promotional campaign from August 16, 2009 to May 24, 2009.
Consumers are allowed to enter to win as many times as they would like throughout the season (with no charges being applied outside of standard texting rates), but are only eligible to win once during a 24-hour period.
To participate in the promotion for the chance to win a free pair of EPL tickets (travel and accomodations not included), consumers must obtain a 10-digit code by:
- Using a Barclays ATM in the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man and requesting a receipt. Consumers can use the 10-digit code on the back of the receipt to enter to win
- Logging on to the Official Barclays Ticket Office promotional page and spinning five virtual soccer balls to receive a 10-digit code
- Participating in a variety of other Barclays' promotional contests
Once consumers have their 10-digit code in-hand, they can enter to win by:
- Texting the code followed by the initials of their favorite Barclays Premier League Club to 68887
- Enter the 10-digit code, input the initials of their favorite team, and enter their email address on the Official Barclays Ticket Office promotional page
As Barclays selects winners every 90 minutes, it notifies them via a text/online message and confirms the match details and the ticket distribution procedures (winners receive their tickets no less than seven (7) days before the date of the game). Consumers who win during the months of April and May receive tickets valid for entry to matches played during the 2009-10 season.
Barclays is driving viral awareness for the promotion by featuring four (4) tools on the promotional page that enable consumers to share the details with friends via Facebook, StumbleUpon, Delicious, and Technorati.