Are you looking to offer fans a unique collectible that drives traffic to retail?
Over the past few years, McDonald's has become an industry leader developing retail traffic driving promotions that leverage unique collectibles. In Canada, McDonald's is back at it again in 2009 with its most recent hockey promotion, selling NHL star mini-helmet collectibles for just $2.99 to consumers at retail.
McDonald's' 2009 mini-helmet push is centered around six (6) of the league's rising stars:
- Jarome Iginla, Calgary Flames (February 24 - March 3)
- Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens (February 24 - March 3)
- Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins (March 3 - March 10)
- Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks (March 3 - March 10)
- Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals (March 10 - March 17)
- Vesa Toskala, Toronto Maple Leafs (March 10 - March 17)
McDonald's is supporting the '09 min-helmets promotion with a humorous ad featuring a miniature hockey player showing off some premier hockey skills. The clip does an excellent job driving interest and awareness for the mini-collectibles offer. Check it out below:
In past years, McDonald's has used a variety of hockey collectibles to drive retail traffic across stores in Canada, including: