Are you looking for new ways to incorporate family entertainment at the ballpark? Are you looking for new venue destination ideas?
The newly renovated Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals, has instantly become one of Major League Baseball's jewel facilities. From 2006-08, the stadium underwent $250MM in renovations, capping the seating capacity at 38,177 and adding a number of new "best-in-class" features, including:
- Family attractions, including a four-hole miniature golf course, carousel, Mini-K kids ballpark, a kids pitching mound, and video batting tunnels
- The world's largest HD LED scoreboard (a Daktronics display measurig 100x85 feet)
- A collection of branded venue destinations (the Bud Light Party Deck, the Dri-Duck Fountain Seats, the Pepsi Party Porch, the Miller Lite Fountain)
- A 360-degree concourse with an ample amount of room for pedestrians
- Additional suites and group areas
- A spacious Rivals Sports Bar
- Additional new Daktronics displays
- An outfield fence display measuring 8x128 feet
- A pair of ribbon boards measuring 4x380 feet
- Two displays above the stadium's new Hall of Fame measuring 5x108 feet
- A Kansas City Royals Hall of Fame (opening soon)
Check out a gallery of the newly renovated stadium HERE.
Enclosed is a quick clip that captures the team's starting lineups on their new state-of-the-art HD LED scoreboard in center field:
Source: Royals Opening Day Flickr Set