Sports organizations looking for new ways to drive merchandise sales around the start of a new season should consider including a tab/feature in their season ticket distribution. As demonstrated below, Oklahoma State Athletics did a tremendous job highlighting their new Official Nike GameDay t-shirt in their 2010 season ticket booklet.
With augmented reality and other new advances in technology, there are numerous ways to bring the fan experience receiving their season tickets in the mail to life in new ways! Ideas can include:
- Paper printout that fans can hold up to their webcam to see a personalized message from the head coach, players, mascot, or team personnel (Owner, President, GM)
- QR codes on ticketbacks that allow fans to see a variety of intros (team introductions, season anthem, season music video, etc.)
- Promotional codes for fans to download new team music (theme songs, custom music, etc.)
- Scannable barcodes that fans can use their Stickybits app to upload a video or picture that demonstrates their affinity for the team (that other fans can see)
- Twitter, Foursquare, and Facebook CTA's - Give your fanbase reasons to head to your social media platforms to "follow" and "like" your content (e.g. the first 10 fans who take a picture of their season tickets and feature it in a Twitter message with the hashtag #(team)seasontickets to win a behind-the-scenes VIP experience)