Are you looking to create a humorous advertising campaign that leverages athlete endorsers? Are you looking to portray the personalities of rising stars in your league/organization?
Mercedes-Benz did a tremendous job playing up the personalities of Formula 1 stars Lewis Hamilton (representing England) and Fernando Alonso (representing Spain) in its 2007 viral hit, "Racing is a State of Mind". The humorous clip, portraying how Hamilton and Alonso's lives on and off the track are driven by their competitive nature, generated over 1 million impressions in the online space.
Organizations and leagues in the United States with duos/trios of rising stars should consider creating similar humorous campaigns to help position them in a positive light in the minds of consumers:
- NHL (Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin)
- NBA (LeBron James, Dwyane Wade
- NFL (Matt Ryan, Matt Cassel)
- MLB (David Price, Joba Chamberlain)
- NASCAR (Joey Logano, Denny Hamlin)
- Tennis (Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic)
- PGA (Camilo Villegas, Anthony Kim)